Over the past 5 years we have replaced all the glass in the windows throughout the Nave from opaque to shimmering clear glass allowing the world to look in and us to look out. The static pine Victorian Pews have been removed, the wooden platforms on which they sat were removed and underfloor heating has been installed, limestone flooring has been laid. Prior to laying the new stone floor in the Nave we discovered what was the Church’s heating system from centuries earlier.
The Creche was refurbished and in doing so we uncovered a door half way up the wall. This was quickly identified as the door that led from the South Porch onto the South Gallery in the 18th & 19th Centuries, through which the Prince of Wales, later to be King George II would have walked with his family to the pew he rented 1718-1726. We were also treated to glimpses of a bygone colour scheme. The Font has been repositioned at the West Door. New flexible seating has been introduced a new lighting and sound system installed. The kitchen facilities have been upgraded and toilets are finally available within the Church.